Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Daily Schedule

Ramen Noodles, cereal with warm milk, and filtered dirt water! We are so blessed in America! My daily schedule consists of coming to the internet cafe as early as possible to beat the rush of people, walking back to the house trying not to get dehydrated, cooling down by a cold shower, walking to the orphanage (only a block away), feeding and playing with the enfants and toddles (I am bringing them all back with me) and then coming home for French class.

The days go by fast and sometimes I am not sure where they went. Our class is a couple hours a day. I am somewhat able to make small talk, although it may be chinese to them. Bro. Adams teaches at the Bible School. The students are sharp. Does not compare to Gateway. These young people want to learn. They have a desire I have never seen before. If I could only grasp a small percent of this desire, I know it will take me far. God, stretch me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jen, Sounds like you're learning alot and changing the world. I hope you are having fun over in Africa. You'll have to tell me some stories when you make it back. P.s this is Ben. ;-D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.